Sunday, July 20, 2008

Who said I couldn't do it....

Lest you think that I am NOT Martha Stewart with a green thumb, behold....

Cherry Tomatoes for my girls (who eat them like candy)....




Roma Tomatoes (for mommy)....




Red Peppers (for the whole family).....




All are grown in containers on the deck because of the deer. Did I tell you we have a deer problem?

We also have several adorable little chipmunks who LOVE to grab the almost red tomatoes and pull the pepper plants out of the container and leave both of them on the deck for me to step on when I go out in the morning to check my plants-usually in my bare feet and house robe carrying a cup of coffee, which should explain why I don't see them. My eyes are barely open that time of day and my brain not alert yet. But isn't that sweet? Chipmunks are so adorable! Don't you think they are adorable? My boys, Chauncey and Baxter think they are adorable. They go CRAZY every time that cute little chipmunk is on the deck. They even chased the little guy once - right over my foot!! Probably they just want to play and if the chippy continues to get into my plants, perhaps I should let the dogs out and "distract" the little critter away from my plants? Food for thought....or the dogs.

We also have green peppers, yellow peppers and Jalapeno peppers. But (cough, cough) we have no pictures yet. I'm sure they're just a little behind. Certainly it has NOTHING to do with the way I am attempting to grow them....or water them.... or where I have placed them on the deck.....Clearly the plants themselves are defective. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

No comments: