Thursday, April 8, 2010

Four weeks from today...


...I will be defending my thesis and finally done with school.
(*cough* God willing *cough*)

I have been neglecting this project and finally, after a very long lecture from Brian, realized that I have to concentrate on this project because I am so close to the finish line.....

So I have tried to put everything else aside and work on it. It's a little hard what with the concert/auction I'm helping to put together for Beth and trying to finish the bathroom, but I took the day off today and really plowed through a lot of it.

Tonight was a dry run, and I rocked the house.

I have a ton of work still to do, but I feel much more comfortable with the direction of the project and where I am right now.

But the BEST thing, is that Beth's tumors are gone. She's officially in remission after only three chemo treatments. There's nothing better than that. She still has more treatments and surgery in her future, but things look excellent. That's the best news I've gotten in a long time.

Once the concert is over, and I've graduated, I'm doing a few things:

1. Sleep

2. Go away somewhere with my husband for a weekend alone. We haven't done that in about 5 years. We need it.

3. Sleep some more.

4. Take a family vacation - hopefully to the beach! We haven't done that since I started school two and a half years ago.

5. Take a nap.

There's a lot packed into the next four weeks. It's gonna be crazy.

Good thing I thrive on that crap.

No comments: