Monday, January 14, 2013

The End of 2012


December is a notoriously crazy, busy, exciting, stressful month for us here at the Henry Home.  Let me see if I can give you a run down since I was gone for so long…

December started with Christmas decorating.  I did a few things different this year and while I don’t have the greatest pictures, I thought I’d show you what I have. 



The entry to my house is always a huge source of anxiety for me.  It's people’s first impression of the house when walking in, so I want people to walk up and feel warm and welcome and excited to see what lies on the other side of the door.  I always have this amazing picture in my head and I can never execute it the way I want.   
This  year I went with some wrapped presents and glittery sticks in my big pots – to add some color. I actually really like how it turned out and I got a ton of compliments on it from the bazillion people that traveled in and out that front door over the course of December.  


 
I also broke down and put some colored lights on the tree in addition to the traditional white (which are my favorite).










 Brian actually helped decorate the house this year (he rarely touches a decoration inside – but he does all the outside lights).  Over the past few years I have backed off on a lot of decorations and only use about half of what we have.  On the weekend we pulled all the Christmas stuff out, I had to run a few errands and when I got home it looked like the North Pole exploded in my house.  Brian had pulled out every single decoration we owned and used them all. 

My sitting room at night - so cozy...
The dining room at night...

My first thought was – WOW!  This looks amazing!

My second thought was - Shit.  I’m just going to have to put even more crap away in a month.

But he did a great job and since he actually took initiative to decorate I didn’t say one word. 

After the decorating was done, the holiday season went into full swing.

My brother and his girl MiSou moved into a new apartment and on December 14th, they had a housewarming/holiday party for both  her family and my brother’s family. 


Misou made some props and set up a "photo booth".


Me and my bro


The girls and Poppy


It was here that they announced their engagement!!!


We are beyond thrilled that they have finally decided to take the plunge and I couldn't ask for a better sister in law than MiSou

They asked me to make the announcement on
Facebook
:

Tonight showed me that even on the darkest of days, new beginnings bring hope. My baby brother, whom I love with all my heart, has found the love of his life and this morning, he asked that amazing girl to be his wife. I can't think of anyone more perfect for my precious brother, or anyone I would trust his heart with more. I'm incredibly proud to call Brandon Hopkins my brother, and ecstatic that I can now finally call Misou Ho my sister. Thank you for sharing your news with all of us this evening - we couldn't be more excited!! We love you both - here's to a long and happy life together — with Misou Hoand Brandon Hopkins.


It was a welcome bit of happy news on an otherwise very sad day

A little blurry but the ONLY picture of the four of us in the entire month of December.


So that covers the beginning of December.  Next up, THE PARTIES!

No comments: