Monday, April 25, 2011

Finally, the after....

We finished the floors two days before Easter. 

Oh yeah - down to the wire and stressing out about having a floor to walk on for all the people coming to the house for Easter.

That's how we roll....


Just to give perspective, here are a few before pictures.

The dining room looking into the entry hall and the sitting room beyond.

013

The other side of the wall.  The sitting room looking into entry hall. 




Nice and open now....

The stairs are rebuilt (here, here and here the dreaded floor is being installed.

001010

And FINALLY....drum roll please.....



AFTER!!

The stairs - looking in the front door.

057

And Baxter Boy makes an appearance....the dogs were never far from the construction.





011

The sitting room looking into the entry hall and dining room. Notice the lack of wall - ha!

And Chauncey - the wonder dog.


018
Dining room looking into the entry hall and sitting room 



048

Dining room looking through the pocket doors into the family room.




053


The sitting room. 


054055

 I still need to finish the furniture, change the light fixture and hang pictures.




059

The little green chair belonged to my great-great Aunt Pearl. Love it.



I love how cozy this room is at night.....



042

The entry hall. Still need a little table for under the mirror.

060


058
So, there you have it.  Whew!

Now I have a lot of furniture to refinish. 

Which is good because Brian told me that if I start another project, he's sooooo outta here. 

I'll give him until the fall before I start something else - ha!


UPDATE:  here's the front door redo and the final hallway


Linked to:






Becolorful



The DIY Show Off

10 comments:

foreverdecorating said...

What a transformation. When all it done you can just sit back and enjoy. Looks like it was always meant to be this way. Stunning floors, stairs and paint choices.

Life in Rehab said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO! Wowza, what a huge difference! And huzzah to the hubs for sticking with you right down to the finish line. Your guests must have fainted at the transformation.

Kim said...

Pure fabulosity! I LOVE the wrought iron railings. I'm here from Met Monday and happy to be your newest follower. Stop by for a visit sometime.
xoxo,
Kim

Kim @ NewlyWoodwards said...

Oh dear Lord. I love this! The staircase is amazing!!!! What a transformation. Great work.

And is there any way to do work than down to the wire?

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement said...

OMG, what a beautiful transformation! I love the openness of the entire entry now and the new stairs and railings are gorgeous!

My dog gets in almost every picture too. :) Cute pics of yours.

Have a great day! I look forward to following you.

Pam

Be Colorful Coastal said...

love it. So much grander and more open. The floors are stunning too. A job better than well done. Yay you.
Pam

Dragonfliez Made said...

WOW! beautiful.

Newest follower. I would love for you to visit me and follow too.

can't wait to see what else you get up too.
Cherie
DragonfliezCreationz.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

It‘s so nice that I found your blog about your link on Remodelaholic. Of course I’ve scrolled a little and like what I see. Now I’m your new follower! ;)

Your hall looks fantastic now!!!

Take care
Tine

Unknown said...

Awesome job. You've made a huge difference.

Unknown said...

Hey was wondering if that part of the wall you removed was weight bearing? My house is pretty much set up the same exact way and would love to remove that small section like you did.