Tuesday, November 8, 2011

In other news....

Brian and I both quit smoking. We haven't killed each other yet so I'm calling it a success.

We installed a wood burning insert into our fireplace because my husband wouldn't let me convert it to gas because, you know, it could blow up. Hopefully this will keep our big rambling house a wee bit warmer this winter and keep our large massive electric bill a wee bit smaller.  And keep us from blowing up.
 I'll let you know how that works out.

We're hosting Thanksgiving and I don't have the final head count yet.  But I have a shit ton of projects to get done before that and furniture to move so our carpets can get cleaned a few days prior. 

And I'm a little cranky. 

But it'll get better.

I hope. 

1 comment:

Connie in Hartwood said...

Congrats on your new non-smoking status!!

We loved our gas fireplace at our last house. It didn't blow up ... ever.

You are a brave woman for hosting Thanksgiving. This year, we punted and will be spending Thanksgiving week in Key West with friens. It feels good to escape.