Monday, July 13, 2009

And now back to our regularly scheduled program!

Uh - sorry about that? I didn't realize I had been gone so long! And we've had a such a busy few weeks....where do I start?


A few quick highlights:

- Brian and I have decided that Sydney has quite an eye for photography and I will be posting a photo essay of her "work" in the next day or two. I think you'll enjoy it.

- We had great Fourth of July. It was a joint party with mom and dad - which basically means I said to mom and dad "Hey - we should have a joint July 4'th party!" and we had it at their house, with their pool, with their food, and my friends showed up. Yup - it was great!

- I was off the entire week after July 4'th. I laid around with the kids, we went to the pool every day and basically I accomplished nothing. I didn't turn on the computer, I didn't answer my phone, I didn't stress about anything and I realized that I really like being at home and just doing nothing (that's actually quite shocking, since I don't typically sit around and do nothing - my mind is constantly thinking about everything I need to get done) .........It was heaven. I now see the allure of being a teacher and having summers off.

- I celebrated my 30-something (a-hem) birthday at Hershey Park with Brian and the girls. We spent Thursday and Friday at the park and it was quite possibly the best time I've had in a long time. Judi and Ted made the long trek from Philly to Hershey to take us to dinner on my birthday. I know - they are so good to us.

- We dropped the kids off at Brian's parents this weekend and will pick them up at the end of the week. They've been gone two days and my heart hurts already. I miss my babies.......

- In the meantime, while the kids were gone this weekend, we painted the dining room - pictures will be posted when we're completely done (which we hope will be this week)

- I'm back at work after a week of freedom, sitting at my desk, racking my brain about how to quit work, stay home with the kids and still be able to pay the bills......I'll let you know when I figure it out.

No comments: