Thursday, October 15, 2009

My "first" little girl.....

Taylor Nicole

I remember as clear as day when this little one came into my life. Her mom Megan was - and is - like a sister to me. I was at the hospital for both the labor and the very difficult delivery. That little baby girl was quite possibly the most amazing thing I had ever seen.

She has brought us so much joy over the past 17 years and I am so honored and proud to be her Godmother. Meg and I were reminiscing today about the sweet little sayings she used to have and the cute little things she did. It seems so long ago (we were so young...) and yet it seems like yesterday! Meg was a single mom, and I was...well, I was just single, so the three of us spent a lot of time together. When Brian came into my life, he very easily stepped into the role of Godfather and we loved spending time with Taylor, spoiling her rotten (much to her mother's dismay) and keeping her overnight so her mom could go out and have fun. And when we got married, she was our flower girl.


She's as gorgeous today as she was the day she was born. Even more so, if that's possible. She's turned into an amazing young lady and I couldn't be more proud....


No comments: