Saturday, January 9, 2010

Bathroom Redo

This is the first of what is sure to be about 20 posts about the remodel of the girls bathroom, since it'll probably take me about 20 weekends to finish at this point!

But first - this is what greeted me as I came downstairs this morning......



I love the morning light as it spills into the Dining room. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy.



It also helped to get me motivated to start on this.....


Looking in on the girls bathroom




View of the window and one sink




Mirrors above the sinks




The counter top




The tub




Old Blue Bowl. The toilet.





So here's the plan.

- Strip wallpaper and paint walls
- Tear up and replace tile floor (which has some broken tiles -I forgot to take pictures, but I will)
- Replace tub and most of the pipes because they are leaking and the faucet drips constantly
- Replace toilet to match the new tub
- Countertop has to stay because a replacement isn't a necessity and I can work with it
- Repaint cabinets




And this is where the fun starts. I took off all of the doors, drawers, hinges and hardware.





I sanded the cabinets down.....



And found some blue

(Really??? More blue?????)

Judi and Ted (well, okay, Judi - ha!) must have had the same idea I had and repainted the blue cabinets off-white

(Because that had to be a LOT of blue in that bathroom with the toilet and tub!).

Then I started sanding the drawers and found this.



Ruh - roh. That puts a snag in my plans for today.......





Luckily, this is the smallest drawer located at the top of the cabinet and I can be pretty handy (if I do say so myself) so the drawer is now sitting downstairs in the basement with lots of wood glue and several clamps until tomorrow when it should be good as new.

Well, until the kids yank it open and it starts to break again......



I got everything sanded, the holes filled with wood putty and then I primed.











It's amazing how much I got done with both of the girls and Brian out of the house (Brian took them to a birthday party).

I even got one, and in some cases TWO coats of paint on the fronts.

But that's a post for another day.......

1 comment:

Andrea Frazer said...

Can't wait to see the finished project! Have been meaning to do something similar with my kitchen but... no... not yet.