Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Did I tell you I'm going to South Beach?


I totally am. 

In June.  For five days.  Without kids.  Or my husband.

I'm going for a Bachelorette Pary  for my girl Sharon who's getting married in September.

On a side note, I get to wear an awesome dress  in the wedding - I look a bit like Jessica Rabbit in it!!

Although with a much bigger waistline. 
And smaller boobs. 
And shorter hair. 

OK - the dress is strapless and red.  The similarities pretty much stop there.

Anywho - we're staying here:

Loews Hotel, Miami Beach

This is my first trip for more than a night or two without the kiddos and the hubs, and I'm not kidding when I say I'm a wee bit nervous about it. 

I've never been to Miami before and have no idea what I'm in for or where to go. Given how expensive it is down there, I'm hoping we spend 99% of our time on the beach.


I'm pretty sure I won't be eating or drinking much - ha!

Actually, since it's only a month away and we probably will be spending a fair amount of time at the beach, I probably won't be eating or drinking much for the next thirty days in preparation!

When I told the girls about the trip, Olivia wanted to know if I thought I'd run into any of the Real Housewives of Miami.
(Um, Wha...?????

Brian told the girls that mommy and Aunt Sharon are going down where all the rich people are and might not come back.

I told the girls not to worry - I'd fly them down to meet their new rich daddy!

Seriously- we were totally kidding and luckily the girls are used to our sense of humor.
Although I think they were a little too excited about the "rich" part of that statement....

So what does one do in Miami besides eat, drink, lay in the sun and pick out new rich daddies????


2 comments:

Life in Rehab said...

We spray paint everything! Seriously, if you and the gals would like suggestions, tell me what you want to do and I'll give you my favorite spots to check out.

Kelly@TearingUpHouses said...

you are going to have so. much. fun! stop by the delano and have a drink for me!

kelly