Monday, April 21, 2008

Because I am obsessed with this topic....

...probably due to my own guilt about the choices I make....I am passing along this link to a Newsweek article on the whole working vs. non-working mom issue. This is a side I never really thought about, and I'm not too sure I agree with it...... it's a little discouraging, this article! Once again heap all the blame on your mommy! But, it was a different take on a very debated topic, and I thought some of you might find it interesting.

I'd love to know what YOU think about it.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/132891

1 comment:

Bethann said...

Here's my take on it. It's all a load of CRAP. You are who you are and whether or not your mom was there or not does not make you a better or worse person. My mother lost both her parents before the age of 13 and was raised by her aunts, 2 of whom worked. The one that stayed home with them was married to an abusive alcoholic, whom my mother had to endure growing up. My point is, my mother is one of the best people I have EVER met and she had some rotten things to experience, far worse than "mommy left me at daycare" so it is what it is. . . quit beating yourself up! You are a great mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!