Saturday, June 14, 2008

Crazy Days......

Wow! Things have been absolutely crazy around here! Going to class two nights a week is really taking its toll on the housework, laundry, family time, etc. But, it will all settle down and I'll get into a groove and things will be OK.

My class is going well, but it is going to be a very rough four weeks. I can't believe I'm one-third through this class already! We met on site Thursday night and got information about the group project that makes up most of my grade for this class. Basically, each group in the class has to develop a site plan for a property that's situated on the water. It's a HUGE undertaking - especially with only four weeks to pull it off, no architecture or engineering experience and very little guidance. There aren't a lot of parameters given by the professors and some of my classmates and I feel that this is a little unrealistic - and very overwhelming - given the time constraints. Nevertheless, I am extremely excited about it and have already started to develop some ideas. I think it will turn out OK, but it's going to require a significant amount of time and energy to pull it off.

I more than willing to put everything I can into the project, but at the same time, I can already feel the strain it's putting on my relationship with my husband. He's really trying to be understanding and supportive, but I think he feels a little pushed aside (and rightly so). I just don't know how to fix it. And - I know it's wrong - I don't have the time or mental ability right now to do anything about it.

Tomorrow is Father's Day and I can't believe I have to do this, but I have to go to meet my team on site. It's upsetting to me that I have to do that, but it's the only day that worked for us and at least one of my teammates is missing breakfast in bed from his kids too. Next weekend we will be at the beach for Brian's family's yearly get together. If I could get out of it I would. But, I can't do that to my girls. They won't be getting a vacation this summer, so these little weekend trips will be all they get. And they love the beach and I love the beach. I'm just worried that I'm going to be so worried about what's happening with school and work that I won't be able to enjoy myself. I am looking forward to seeing everyone, but I just can't spare the time right now. So, out of the four weeks I have left to pull this project together with my team, I will be gone for one of the weekends. That's going to make it a lot more difficult.

I'm starting to second guess my choice to plow through these two classes this summer. In the long run, I'll be glad I did it, but right now I'm not so sure it was the right thing to do.

No comments: