Monday, August 25, 2008

Poor Pookie!!

Today was the first day of school for the girls - Third grade for Liv, Kindergarten (full day!) for Sydney. Pictures to come tonight.

Have you ever had that feeling that something is just not right? I was very apprehensive on the way to work, and worried about the girls first day. Something just felt a little "off" and I tried to shake it off.

Until I got out of a meeting and realized that there was a message waiting on my cell phone. I took one look at the number and my heart just dropped. I called for messages and listened to the school nurse tell me that Olivia had been stung by a wasp or bee on the playground. I called the school and the nurse told me that she got stung on her hand and on her neck (what?) I told the nurse that she has never been stung by anything - ever - and to PLEASE keep a close eye on her.

She's evidently fine, and didn't even cry and feels just peachy. But my poor little Pookie - what a rotten first day of school!

No comments: