Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer...

I think I missed summer.

Somehow, some way, summer is almost over, the girls start school on Monday and I have absolutely no memory of any lazy summertime pool/beach days. I don't think I even got into mom and dad's pool but three times! How crazy is that? I LOVE the beach. And we only made it there for one little weekend trip. I'm not sure that I can handle another summer without a week at the beach, watching the girls build sand castles, play in the waves and generally run wild while I relax on the beach with a book, have a few (OK, several) cocktails while soaking up the sun.

Sorry I've been absent, but school has really given me a run for my money (literally) this summer. Taking two six week classes, two nights a week was quite overwhelming. And we had a lot going on at work and we tried to get away for a few weekends, had my class reunion, had some out of town guests, etc., etc. The girls and I went to Judi and Ted's this weekend and had such a great time! We walked around Philadelphia and got to take a carriage ride through the town - it was SO COOL! I love that kind of stuff. Of course I didn't take pictures (DUH!) But Judi did, so I'll try to get some of those posted when she sends them to me (hint, hint ;)

Judi and Ted haven't seen the girls in almost a year, so they had a lot of catching up to do - which meant that Sydney and Mister had to "play cars" - a lot - and even Gamma Judi joined in the car fun! And Olivia had to fill them in on all the things that are happening in her life. And, of course, they had to ride the elevator that Judi and Ted have in their house over, and over, and over again. They were amazed that people actually have ELEVATORS in their houses!! And of course, now they think we need one. I'll try to talk Brian into that. Ha!

The girls just adore Judi and Ted and, for the most part, were very well behaved. On the way home they wanted to know when we were going back. I think we'll let Gamma Judi and Mister recover from this visit first =)

Final exam tomorrow night and then.....

TWO WHOLE WEEKS OFF!

Oh, I have plans, people, BIG plans! So much to do, so little time. And I'll probably end up squandering this precious time reading books and relaxing rather than getting all my little projects done. Oh well!

1 comment:

Bethann said...

Thank goodness you blogged. I was just about to send out the troops to make sure you weren't being held hostage somewhere. Figured school was making you crazy.

We're moving this weekend, so if I'm out of touch for a few days you'll know why.

Later gater,
Beth