Yesterday was this guy's birthday.....
He took the day off from work, the kids went to a friends house to play and he stayed home and played on the Wii. He's now a "pro" at everything. I'm the only one in the family that hasn't had much Wii time so, basically, I suck.
I worked all day yesterday and when I got home we had steamed clams to tide us over until the seafood curry was done. Since I didn't get home from work until after 6:00, dinner was pretty late - like 8:00 - so the kids crashed soon after.
New Years Eve is really only celebrated here because it's Brian's birthday. We've never been big New Years Eve party people and we've spent the past 14 years safe at home, with our own little traditions. So, last night after the kids fell asleep, we snuggled on the couch and desperately searched for something interesting to watch.
It was a futile attempt.
After scanning through all of the different New Years Eve programs, we came to the following conclusions:
1. It was REALLY freaking cold in NYC
2. The people stand who stand in Times Square are all crazy. Or drunk. Possibly both.
3. Music today pretty much sucks.
4. The run down of the artists playing last night looked and sounded like roll call at the prison.
5. And they all looked and sounded ridiculous. But apparently they don't know that.
6. Carson Daly is quite possibly the most unentertaining host in the history of hosts.
7. Ryan Seacrest - Really?
8. No one will ever compare to Dick Clark. Not even Dick Clark. It was sad.
So we flipped through the channels and found an old favorite..
The Full Monty.
This movie makes me laugh every time I see it. Within three minutes of turning it on, we were both laughing.
Mom and dad stopped by after their dinner with friends and they brought champagne so the four of us could toast the new year together. Brian and were half asleep when they came over, so we probably weren't the best company, but we ended up drinking fabulous champagne out of my "oo la la" glasses and watching the ball drop.
The best part of the evening? Giving my honey a kiss at midnight, being with mom and dad to ring in a new year and listening to Frank Sinatra being played over the loudspeakers in Times Square.
Now THAT's music.