Sunday, February 8, 2009

Where does the time go?


Wow! I can't believe the first week of February is over! Where has the time gone?

Here's what's been happening at our house:

I started school. It sucks. Seriously. Sucks.
I have a bit of a cold. It too sucks. Seriously.
Olivia will be nine years old next Saturday.
That also sucks.
Not because I don't want her to turn nine, but, well, she's growing so fast! She's halfway through her childhood. It makes me a little sad.
Until she talks back to me and rolls her eyes.
Then I think - hey!
Only nine more years - then she's off to college.
I can make until then.....
and then I start thinking about how sweet she looked when she was little
and all of the cute little things she used say...sigh...

And...I painted the kitchen yesterday. Yes I did! By Myself! Brian went to a hockey game with a friend, so I knocked it out all by myself.
Which, in itself isn't unusual. Brian hates to paint. I rather enjoy it. The difference this time is that he wasn't there to clean up after me. THAT sucked.
But I am so happy with the way it turned out. We had something similar in our old house and it was so warm and cozy and welcoming to me.

Look how bright and cheerful it is with all the sunlight streaming in....






Here the light is fading a bit....








So warm and cozy


And finally, Sydney and me......


1 comment:

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

I love the kitchen! And wow, you sure look like Sidney.