Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Babies, Babies, Everywhere!!!

Saturday I was able to co-host a baby shower for my very dear friend Sharon, who is expecting a son in a matter of weeks.

The shower was at her mom's house and her sister and I hosted together. It was very casual - just a few neighborhood ladies that have known Sharon since, well, her own birth, and some friends.  

I made a few things to munch one and we had drinks and cake.
I wanted to make something special for the baby's room, so I crafted one of those pennants you see all over the Internet.  I added his name - Nicholas Michael.

This picture really sucks (cell phone picture alert) and the names are backwards, but you get the idea.

I actually LOVE how it turned out.  (I wanna do another one)


I'm always in charge of shower games.  Um, I don't know why.  But I am. 

One of the games I always do is "Guess what's in the basket".  Fill up the basket with a TON of little baby things and place it somewhere in plain sight so that everyone HAS to look at it (this one sat on the coffee table in the middle of the room).  About 2/3 of the way through the shower, take it away.  Then tell everyone to write down as many items as they can remember from the basket. 

The cries  of "Oh crap!  I didn't know you were going to do that - I would have paid attention to it more!"

and
"Not fair!  Bring it back - PLEEEEEEAAAZZZZEEEE?????"
are quite amusing.  

My "Guess what's in the basket" basket.

But the funniest part is when everyone tries to remember what they saw.

The basket is then given to the mom-to be.  It has all sorts of goodies!  

The best game EVER though was one I call

"Who's your Daddy? (and yo' Mama!)"

You had to match the celebrity baby with the celebrity parents. 

HY-STER-I-CAL!!

(Google weird celebrity Baby Names - you'll see.  Or e-mail me and I'll send you the one I did)

90% of the shower guests kept the game to take home and try out on their families. Ha! 
  
Seriously - fun game. 

One of my poofs for the shower

Again, horrible picture.  I had to turn on the overhead lights to get this.  With my PHONE because I forgot my camera.  Stupid old age memory loss.  


I can't wait to hold all these little babies in my arms when they're born!  it's been so long since mine were that little...*sniff sniff*

No comments: