Friday, February 15, 2008

When did I become a MILF??????

So I need to preface this blog with a little background.....

My husband works with a lot of younger guys (and by younger I mean early 20's). So he tells me about this conversation he has with one of these fellas yesterday in which he "lets it slip" that I am a few years older than him (which he seems to "let slip" frequently!) So this younger guy asks my husband if he likes "older women" (for the love of God - it's only 2 1/2 years age difference people!) and proceeds to ask my husband if I'm "Hot". My husband - being the good man he is who would like to get a little every now and then - says "Of course!" So far so good - I'm chuckling as he's telling me the story. He then prceeds to tell me that apparently I am now a "MILF".

WHAT?

When did I go from being a plain old "ILF" to a "MILF"??????????????????

I mean, come on! It's not like I'm ancient. I'm only 37. And a half. Ouch.

And yes, I DO have two children, but does that mean I will forever be thought of as a "mom" and not as a "hottie patottie"? Not that I ever was a "hottie patottie" to anyone other than my husband, but it's hard enough growing older and becoming an adult and not feeling as sexy with my husband as I once did, without now feeling like everyone else thinks the same thing about me! That's just unacceptable.

I stewed on it for awhile. I couldn't let Brian know that I was a little insulted - he thinks it should be a compliment. And I suppose he told me because he thought I would be flattered. So I sat by myself in the family room, had a drink, went to the kitchen, made school lunches for the kids, put their bookbags away, had another drink, realized it was Valentine's Day and that I should probably give my husband a "present"....

And then it hit me - Good Lord I am a "MILF". And if that's how my husband sees me, then I'll just have to embrace it. I'll be the best damn "MILF" there ever was!

So, happy that I had come to terms with this new found label, I went upstairs to bed to join my sweet hubby and show him how happy I was that he still loved me even though I was old and a mom.

But when my head hit the pillow, I promptly fell asleep. So much for that!!

No comments: