Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Oink!

Yup, the swine flu is here......


Like here. In our house.

Sydney ran a 104 fever last night and Liv woke up with a sore throat this morning. I carted them both to the doctor this afternoon.

Liv's strep test came back negative.

Sydney's flu test came back positive for Influenza A. Since the only cases of Influenza A they've seen this early have been H1N1, she felt pretty confident that's what it is. She did offer to send it out to the lab for confirmation, but since that would have cost about $300, I politely declined.

So, we are on lock down until Monday morning. No school. No cheerleading, no one in the house but the girls and Brian and I and obviously, the girls can't go out anywhere.

They are being treated with Tamiflu and Sydney should be feeling better by Friday. Liv feel fine already with the exception of a slight sore throat.

Brian and I have no restrictions, since we are asymptomatic and she said there's no reason for us to be on lockdown unless we begin with symptoms.

Last weekend, I had grounded the girls from their playroom until next weekend (after I spent hours in there cleaning).

Today I rescinded that punishment and opened up the doors for them.

This is bad parenting, yes. But for my own sanity I couldn't justify not allowing the girls in there for the next five days since they can't do anything else.

So, we are all grounded in a sense.

Brian's stopping by the liquor store on the way home.

I have a feeling we'll need it......

No comments: