Sunday, March 7, 2010

Things I didn't count on.


Yesterday Brian went to the store in the morning to get those last few (yeah right) things he needed for the installation of the tub.

He got home around noon and I was anticipating that the tub installation would begin toot sweet.

I didn't count on the Terps.

They played at 1:30. Right smack dab in the middle of the day.

SO.... I went shopping and ran some errands.

I got home around 4:30 and was informed by Daddy and Brian that the tub didn't fit. Apparently it's narrower than the old tub. so 2x4's and shimming were necessary. We didn't have any extra 2 x 4' laying around. Why?

I didn't count on the tub being just a smidge too narrow so that the plumbing would fit.

I also didn't count on the fact that the Terps would suck up, oh ALL of the afternoon, so that by the time this was discovered, there was no way any installation was going to take place.

Another day wasted.

I was not a very happy person yesterday evening.

This morning we woke to the sun shining, the birds singing, and me on a mission to get that GOD FORSAKEN TUB IN NO MATTER WHAT!

It's in.

However, we ran into a few other minor issues. Like some plumbing that needed to be replaced, some wall braces which needed to be made, MORE shimming that needed to be done....{SIGH}

Long story short, the tub is in but the tub walls are not.

And now my husband tells me there's a leak in one of the pipes in the wall so, until that's fixed, we won't have water upstairs. Oh, and did I mention? To get to the leak, he has to cut a hole in the drywall in the hallway.

I didn't count on that.

No comments: