Monday, March 7, 2011

Bannisters, Balusters & Newel Posts


What do these things have in common??

Well, they are all installed and ready for finishing!

Installing this stuff is a lot harder than it seems.

It's not as simple as "Just knock the wall out, put down the new risers and treads, stick in the balusters, screw in the newel posts and bang in the bannisters".

I don't know who would simplify such a project *coughmecough*.

There was a lot of math involved. Lots of angles. Not my forte....

On the bright side, Brian's construction portion of the project is nearly done, so it looks like our marriage will survive.

(I wasn't so sure after our Friday night blow out where I asked him to do the
Warrior Dash with me because it would be fun and our conversation quickly grew from "No" to "YOU THOUGHT INSTALLING NEW STAIRS WOULD FUN AND I CAN TELL YOU IT ISN'T!")

I was going to post some pictures, but I think I'll wait until I have finished the treads and risers.

Cuz that's how I roll.....

1 comment:

Life in Rehab said...

Bring it on, Deb, bring it on!!!