Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Just for kicks...

I love quizzes. Seriously. Love.

So when I saw this over at Young House Love, I knew I had to take it.

It's one of those "what's your style" quizzes and they always make me giggle. Mainly because sometimes the choices are, well, ridiculous.

And I don't think I really have a style. I can tell you three things about myself that apply to my house and I don't know that you can glean a "style" from them.


1. I like wood. I think the dark, warm tones are beautiful and I think it's shame sometimes to cover up the wood grain. I know that lots of people like the "freshness" of painted wood, but I think if you can save it and let the true beauty of the wood show, you should (that's not to say that sometimes painted wood doesn't work - especially trim - because it does. And this is just my opinion). But to have a library clad in wood paneling with books all over the walls is a dream room for me.

2. I like rooms to feel warm and cozy. If I feel like I can curl up in a comfy chair or couch, with my feet up, blanket over me, book in my hand and nice soft lighting to read by, (and better yet, if guests come in my home and immediately make them selves comfortable on the couch by snuggling in with their feet all tucked up under them) then that's a room I want in my home. This doesn't mean the room has to have darker colored walls per se, but I tend to gravitate towards the deeper tones. Which leads me to....

3. COLOR. I want to see color. Deep reds, blues, purples, yellows, browns.....they make me feel warm. And safe. Lighter colors - whites, pastels, grey - they feel cold to me. I love to see them in other's people's homes and I always think- wow - that looks amazing! But just not for me. And although I definitely see some gray tones in the future of our home, it won't be in a room that we live in, but rather one of the secondary spaces of the house.

AND - none of this necessarily applies to bathrooms. I like to look at those and think "clean" and "fresh" rather than "warm" and "cozy", y'know what I'm sayin'?

So, taking all of that into consideration, I took the quiz (since it's a picture quiz, I went with the first picture that caught my eye and gave me that warm fuzzy feeling - no overthinking).


Here's my result:




What? You can't read that?

OK, here's what it said....



Results: You most resemble a "Bespoke Classic".

Details...
A classic home in an established neighborhood. A kitchen that reflects your passion… large, sweeping - authentic. A button down bedroom belies it's comfort. As in theater, life's collaborations result in comedy or tragedy. A sense of rolling hills and vineyards surround this table. "Beer is proof that God loves us" Pre-war, upper east side attitude. Bookcases, reading nooks and private studies provide a learned atmosphere at home. .
Suspected "Bespoke Classic"
- Princess Diana- Fred Astaire- Ralph Lauren

Now, I'm not ENTIRELY sure that all that makes sense, but I pretty much love everything they spoke of (c'mon - it mentions BEER) and, since I'm totally royalty in my house, the Princess Di reference is very ap
propriate.

No comments: