Thursday, October 27, 2011

She's OVER it.

Sydney presented her project to the judges Tuesday.  I asked her how it went.

    "Sydney - how did your presentation go for your project?"

    "Fine.  They just asked questions about the project."

    "What did they ask?"

    "I just told you mommy (eye roll) - questions about my project." 

   "Oh - well I was looking for more specific questions...."

   "The judge got done asking me questions and was writing stuff down.  But he forgot to ask me about the Conclusion.  So, you know, I reminded him."

   "Really?  What did you say?"

   "I just told you mommy - I reminded him to ask me about the conclusion."

    "Ah.  I see."

This morning I reminded her for the ten thousandth time that Parents Night for the Science Fair was tonight.

   "So, as soon as daddy and I get home and take Olivia to practice, we'll load up Mimi and Poppy and we'll all go to the school for the Science Fair!  Are you excited??"

  "Uh-huh."

  "Oh. Good.  Cuz you sure sound excited."

  "Mom, let's remember - the project is done.  It's over.  So don't start asking me a bunch of questions about a green roof, K?  It's done."

  "Well, OK.  I guess............But you know Poppy's going to grill you."

  "Darn.  I forgot about that.  He's totally going to do that.  *sigh*  OK.  But after THAT it's over.  No more questions about green roofs.  Ever."

  "Deal."

I'm anxious to see what the judges had to say.
We get to read their comments tonight - wish my girl luck!!

No comments: