Sunday, December 28, 2008

Not too many Hopkins'.....

The holidays never end at the Hopkins-Henry household!



Yesterday, we hosted the Hopkins side of the family for a little post holiday get together. Nothing too fancy, just an opportunity to visit, eat, drink and be merry.







Both the Ravens and the Redskins played. At the same time. Which really put a crimp in my plans, since my Aunt and I had specifically picked a 3:00 start time for the get together so that Brian could watch the Ravens at 1:00, and Uncle Bob could get here and get settled before the Redskins started at 4:00. Damn NFL screwed everything up by moving the Ravens game to the same start time! But, I didn't hear any yelling or fighting about which game they should watch so I suppose they reached a compromise.




Here's Liv, Brian, Lauren and Uncle Bob.




Aunt Dooie (DruAnn), Devin, Uncle Ted and Aunt Di








Mom and Aunt Dooie - So cute!




Father and son here. Devin lives down in D.C. and quite frankly I can't remember the last time I saw him. It's been a few years! As a matter of fact, it's been quite a while since I've seen any of the cousins. They are all quite a bit younger then Brandon and I. I can actually remember most of them being born.



Seth and his mom. Isn't he the cutest? I got to talk to him a bit yesterday and he's a really great guy.



I love this picture of mom and dad.




Heh heh - Aunt Diane trying to decide if she really wants to be associated with these two.

"Yeah, OK. I'll claim them as my family."

Someone grabbed my camera - I don't know who. But here I am stuffing my face.




I didn't get a really good picture of Lauren - I don't know why. Perhaps because she's young, gorgeous, built like a Barbie doll and incredibly intelligent and really, who needs to see that? Whatever.



I actually can't believe I don't have a better picture of her. She's just the most gorgeous thing and she's so smart. She's going to do great things!




Oh look - I'm eating again. Imagine that.



Why does everyone end up in the kitchen? I even laid out all the food in the dining room, so we would have more room!

It was a good evening and I had a great time. We were missing one branch of the family, but we'll make sure they can make it next year.
We now have a few days with no company. Brian's birthday is New Years Eve, so we'll enjoy a quiet evening home with the girls before the company starts coming in on January 2'nd.

No comments: