Friday, December 19, 2008

Two A-'s, a paper cut and raccoon eyes....

And that pretty much sums up my week.

The A-'s are my grades in both Finance and Economics. Not too happy about them, because I really wanted A's, but whatever. I didn't even care as much as I normally would because I am distracted by the holidays and looking forward to a 6 week break.

The girls have been at each other's throats lately and I have had no patience for them and their jabs at each other and smart ass comments to me. So yesterday morning I lectured them on the true meaning of Christmas and how gifts weren't what it was all about and many kids didn't even GET presents for Christmas, blah, blah, blah. You know, the typical "frustrated mom who is worried her kids are spoiled brats" speech. Then at lunchtime yesterday I panicked because I hadn't finished my Christmas shopping for them and the pile of presents looked a little pathetic so I went to Toys R Us and did my part to boost the economy. So much for that lesson.

I have been slowly wrapping presents. Last night I had a panic attack when I began to count the days to Christmas, and realized that I have something going on every day AND night until the fat man visits us on December 24'th. So I sat down and decided to wrap, wrap, wrap last night. It took me three hours to get through most of the pile (I wrap everything. I'm a little anal like that). Since I decided to do this at about 10:30 last night, you can do the math and see what time I finished up and got to bed. Hence the raccoon eyes today.

And I got a paper cut from Frosty the Snowman wrapping paper which is so cheap that it rips if you look at it the wrong way but apparently is strong enough to slice my finger to the bone. Go figure.

1 comment:

Bethann said...

I want to know how you can facebook with me and still get it all done. HA!