Thursday, May 7, 2009

I woke up yesterday morning to this sweet little whisper....

"Moommmmyyyy....wake uuu - uuppppppp. I'm siiiix now!"

She then crawled in bed with me and we snuggled and I marveled at how my sweet little baby is six years old. I'm so glad my kids are happy and healthy, but I'd be lying if I said I was glad they were growing up....I want them to stay little forever and it's just not happening.

I asked Sydney to please stop growing up and she told me that was

"CRRRR-AZY"

To prove her point, she showed me how much bigger her hands and arms had gotten overnight.
You know, cuz she's SIX now.
So she's bigger.

Here's the birthday girl before she left for school...




She chose the Japanese steakhouse for her birthday dinner - I guess she had a good time last year...





This was her face when the waiter told her she had to catch the shrimp in her mouth.....

She did it though - several times.....




Sydney told me - very loudly at a point in time where the restaurant seemed to go quiet for just a few moments (ever notice how that happens at the worst possible time?)....


"Mommy! I do NOT want the Japanese people to sing Happy Birthday to me".

(And yes, I know that's not a politically correct statement - but, hey - she's six)




And they sang anyway.

Doesn't she look thrilled? She was embarrassed by the attention....



Here's my baby, after her big day....




Two minutes on the couch, two minutes of getting her back rubbed, and she was

O U T




Birthdays are exhausting, you know....

No comments: