Monday, May 4, 2009

Procrastination

"Procrastinator"

Pro*cras"ti*na`tor\,

n. One who procrastinates, or defers the performance of anything.
Someone who postpones work (especially out of laziness or habitual carelessness)

That's technically the definition.

But I bet if you look it up here's what you'll see.....

Procrastinator



someone who postpones work (especially out of laziness or habitual carelessness)

Yup. That's me.

I have my final project for the last class of this semester due on Wednesday in the class that I am struggling in.

And I've known about this since, oh I don't know, March?

Oh, I've been thinking about it and I've gathered bits and pieces of what I need over the past few weeks.

But really - I started it yesterday.

It's due Wednesday.

Yeah. Not Good.

I have come to the conclusion that I am burned out.

Based on the fact that my grades are slipping a bit (and by slipping I mean A-'s rather than A's - which is a HUGE difference for me), and the fact that my attitude about school really - well - it sucks rights now, and the fact that I really feel like I don't CARE what grades I get - I just want it OVER.....

I have decided to take a break.

I have been going to school since before Olivia was born - with the occasional semester off to have a baby or two.

So, I'll finish up this class on Wednesday, finish up my Independent Study class on June 12'th and then I'm taking the rest of the summer off.

Seriously.

No. Seriously.

Not kidding.

Well, unless a class I really want to take is miraculously offered over the summer - but that won't happen.

So, I'll enjoy my summer, play with my kids, maybe get in a weekend or two away and come back to school in the fall ready to kick butt.

I'll be relaxed - I'll be refreshed - I be re-energized - I'll be -

I'll be going crazy by June 21'st.



No comments: