Sunday, February 7, 2010

I need more snow.....


Beth was able to stay home this weekend because her wonderful mother in law offered to come over and get snowed in and take care of her and the kids. I was pretty happy because I knew she'd be more comfortable in her own home, her own bed, with her own things. Let's face it - doesn't everyone want to be snuggled under their own covers when they're sick?

So, since I didn't have to take care of anyone this weekend and, I couldn't go anywhere (I don't know if you heard or not, but the snowpocolypse of 2010 opened a big ole can of whoop-ass on us), I figured there was no time like the present to do this.....




That's as far as he got.

I removed the rest - along with all of the concrete board - by myself today.

I am woman - hear me roar.

Now it looks like this!




Go me.



Then, I tackled the counter top and took it from this......




...to this....



....and then to this.....



.... and finally, to this......



I sanded the gloss off the old counter top, used Kilz on the sink bowls and Glidden gripper on the counter top. The I taped the sink bowls and covered them with paper and sprayed Faux Stone on the counter (the sinks will HOPEFULLY remain white)



It's difficult to see, but it looks really cool, it's neutral, and the blue is gone!








Next step is to seal it with a waterproof epoxy sealant. I won't get to that today, but I might be home another day or so since, you know, we had a snowpocolypse and all. And I figure if I screw it up, no biggie. It'll last a few years until we can replace the counter top.

No comments: