Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Little Bathroom Update


So not much has been done in the bathroom, but I have accomplished a little!

The old light in the bathroom looked like this:




I repainted it here and bought new light covers for it and we rehung it so we would have light as we worked at night so now it looks like this....





We took out the tub and the faux "wall"














So now we need to go get a tub and we hope to do that this weekend......



And then we put the epoxy on the sinks.

It was a nightmare.

But it's done and I am REALLY happy with how it came out.






I rolled up cardboard to shove in the holes so epoxy didn't get in them.
It's not the best job in the world, and there's a lot of divots (that you can't see unless you REALLY look) but if it lasts two years until we can afford to replace it altogether, then the $30.00 and the few hours I spent doing it were worth it.



I found some fabulous oil rubbed bronze faucets at Home Depot but they were $80+ and I needed two.

So I found something like this which was similar on Overstock.com for $45 each PLUS I got $1.00 shipping and a 5% off coupon - BONUS!

I heart Overstock - I ordered the tub fixtures too - can't wait for them to get here!!

No comments: