Monday, October 27, 2008

Who's Your Favorite?

So, I left class early tonight. I had a KILLER headache, we were taking a very late break (like 25 minutes left to go in a two hour class), it was raining, I was tired and quite frankly, I was ready to go.

As I packed up my stuff, my professor (a whole different story) looked at me and said...

"Who's your favorite?"

um, excuse me?

"Your favorite. Your favorite band, rock group - who is it?"

Well, that would be Aerosmith, or the Eagles, or - well, I could go on and on...

"Would you leave an Aerosmith concert with 15 minutes to go?" (insert professor with smart ass grin here....)

At which point I laughed and said, "Yup! G'night!". He chuckled and told me to have a safe drive home.

Hey come on! The guy is still in charge of my grade! I didn't want to totally piss him off.

But, what I was THINKING was...

Buddy, (and yes, I can call him Buddy in my head because he's younger then me -not by much- and he's smart - like really freaking smart - and pompous, arrogant, etc., etc. and - he's smarter than me...which really pisses me off...because he's younger than me) .

Buddy, if you could entertain me half as much as Steven Tyler can, I'd stay all night and pay even more for the privilege.

And now every time I look at him, all I will hear is "Dream On" and "Dude Looks Like a Lady".

Oy.

1 comment:

Bethann said...

Thank you for my daily dose of laughter. Now I will imagine some spandex clad over-the-hill rocker teaching you. LOL! Just tell him "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" and it's "Nobody's Fault" but I really have to "Walk This Way" out the door. HA! HA! HA!