Saturday, October 2, 2010

A bird in the hand...

I opened the front door this morning and this is what I found patiently waiting on the front porch, enjoying the beautiful fall morning……

007

I little cardinal.

001

He sat there for a good hour.  Not really moving.

I was sure he was getting ready to die.

006

Eventually he blinked - when I started taking pictures.

002

I was a able to get real close and he never moved away.  Not even one step.  We think he flew into the side of the house or window and was stunned.  Either that or he’s sick or something got him.  He looked like he wasn’t full grown.

003

Mom came up and picked him up.  He promptly pooped, flew out of her hands and straight into the wall.  Poor little bird!

004 

We finally got him behind the bushes in front of the house.  We figured he’d at least not be breakfast for a neighborhood cat.   He stayed there for awhile, but he wasn’t there this afternoon, so I’m hoping he’s OK and got out of his stupor and flew home.

No comments: