Thursday, October 28, 2010

This one's for you Ted & Judi.....

Late afternoon today at work I received a phone call.

I recognized the number, and answered the phone slighty panicked.

It was Judi.

If you recall, they are like family to us, and we bought our house from them.



My first words (after "Hello?") were - "Is everything OK?????"

We usually talk on the phone in the evenings, so for her to call me at work?

Uh -oh....

Um, they are retired and living it up a few hours away, so my panic at receiving a call between 9 to 5 was completely unfounded. (D'uh Debbie.)

They are lucky enough to worry about tee times, bridge times, tennis times, and happy hour. Followed by a fabulous dinner. (*jealous*)

"Whoops, are you at work?" Judi says.


But I just know what she and Ted were thinking is...

"Ha -work! Been there. DONE that. SUCKERS!!!!!"

And then they high five each other.

ANYWAY....

Ted had read my recent post. You know, the one where I wished for my very own paint sprayer?

"Deb, there's paint sprayer at the house. We left it for you."

"Um, what?"

"Yup. In the basement. In the workshop."

""Really?"

"It's only been used once!"

"How did I miss it?"

I came home this evening and told Brian. He swore he hadn't seen it either.

I decided that I would look around. I spend A LOT of time in the workshop, and I know I hadn't seen it.

But if Ted said it was there?

It probably was.

But where? Did it get moved into a dark corner somewhere that neither Brian nor I had seen?

It couldn't possibly be down there.

I mean, it would make sense if it was near the paint....



But it wasn't there.

Oh, wait - what's that?



005

Up on the top shelf?

007

IN PLAIN SIGHT?????

006

Right.

I burst out laughing.

Brian's response? "Huh. Well, look at that!"

Color me stupid.

But extremely happy that I have a paint sprayer!!!

You guys were right of course.

And I already have plans for it.

(insert evil laugh here...)

I can't believe I didn't see it.

Love you guys!!

No comments: