Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Big News!!

Well, I have been holding off on posting anything because I wanted to be a little more comfortable, but we have a Contract on our old house and as of today the appraisal came in fine, the home inspection came in with some minor repairs (which are done) and it looks like we are going to settlement on September 19'th.

This is bittersweet, because as much as I am so relieved that the house won't be a burden on us anymore, it was our first house, and it was the longest I lived ANYWHERE in my life - almost 12 years. We put our heart and soul into making that house our own by knocking down walls and opening up some rooms, putting in a beautiful wet bar for entertaining and generally making the house our home. Unfortunately, it was a small house and with two kids, we outgrew it. I'm sure I'll cry when I take the last item out of the house knowing that I'll never set foot in it again, but it's on to bigger and better things.

I love our new house and it feels like home to us. We have all become accustomed to its nuances and I look forward to the memories we will make over the next 30 years. They say that home is where your family is and I believe it. As much as I feel nostalgic for our old house (where we lived when we got married, where we brought our two babies home from the hospital, and where we had so many good - and some bad - times) and as much as I look forward to making memories in our new house (and we've already made a few) I could live anywhere so long as I had Brian and the girls with me.

It's time to pass the old house onto a new young family, so they can make memories there like we did. It makes me happy to know that someone else will love the house as we did.

No comments: