Sunday, September 7, 2008

Moving - Ugh...

We moved into the new house almost a year ago to the day. When we left, we kept some furniture at the old house so that it would "show well" and not look deserted. That worked well for us clearly, since it took longer than a YEAR to sell it. Oh, if I could do things over, I would have priced it to the point that I would have sold it immediately, not worried about the money I was losing, and clear everything out all at once. But, I didn't. I was stupid.

We went back this weekend to clean out what was remaining.

I now have so much CRAP I don't know what to do with it. Where did all of this come from????? I swear we didn't leave that much at the old house, but as we loaded up truck after truck after truck full of stuff (in a torrential downpour and some wicked wind - thanks Hanna!), I wondered where the hell I was going to put it all! The basement is now full - and there are still boxes down there that have sat untouched since last year when we moved in. The rooms have been rearranged - and in some cases, switched entirely - to accommodate all of this extra "stuff". I must create an EBay account.

I could have a yard sale, but - ew. No. Never. Did it once - won't do it again. I'd rather donate the stuff than have to deal with that.

And to top it off, I start school tomorrow night. I believe that was the quickest two weeks of my life. And, once again, I didn't accomplish anything I planned on doing.

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed. It's a good thing I love this new house. My kids are burying me in the back yard because I am NEVER moving again.

No comments: