Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Some clarification...

This is NOT a man fighting dragons in a kilt....



It's actually a "Sarong".

And here is Brandon's explanation of the statue:

"This is Dewi Ruca in a sarong fighting a dragon. It's based on a story in the Mahabharata."

Sounds good. EXCEPT.....per Angelique.....


"Err... actually its Bima, one of the 5 Nakula brothers that fight these 2 sea dragons to get Dewa (God) Ruci which symbolized holy water that gives eternal life... that is the naked dude in gold on the top... "

Since Angelique is FROM Bali, I think we'll go with her explanation, "naked dude" and all =)




GECKOS!!! When I lived in Japan as a child, these were EVERYWHERE. We even had a "Gecko" room. Which was my mom's way of making a gecko infestation in the house acceptable to a five year old who was creeped out by all the lizards climbing all over the walls inside. They were cool. 'Til your picked them up and their tails fell off. That's kind of freaky.....

Check out all that lush vegetation. And the sun is shining. I can feel the warmth. And it makes me jealous as I sit here freezing, watching the wind blow snow flurries around outside.

No comments: