Sunday, April 26, 2009

Blog Stalker


I follow a lot of blogs. Many of which never even know I was there. I read the trials and tribulations of said Bloggers lives....the good, the bad, the sad, the funny....they make me appreciate what I have, long for what I don't, laugh out loud, ponder the universe and sometimes realize how insignificant my problems really are...

They are the blogs of parents who have lost children or spouses, or are dealing with children with special needs and need prayers. They are the blogs of working moms like me and blogs of people who have touched others with their profound words. They are the blogs of my friends and the blogs of those whom I've never met.


There are blogs of people I know only through the blogs of others. I've come to know their children, their spouses, their hopes, their goals. I cheer when they achieve something and I cry when they don't.


I try to leave comments on most, to let them know I was there, and that I was interested and that I "listened" to what they had to say. I would say it's odd, but if you have a blog, you are throwing yourself out there for the world to see. I do.

There are blogs that I stalk. I quietly follow- still interested - but just not commenting. I myself have some blog stalkers. They don't leave comments, but they check in, they read about what's happening in their lives and I hope they get a chuckle every now and then and - sometimes - I hope I make them think about something they wouldn't otherwise consider. They don't have to leave a comment, but I wish they would, because I'd like to know what they think.


Then there are some blogs that you read and are instantly hooked. there's some connection there you can't put a finger on, but you "get" this blogger and you comment every time you visit. You try to make witty comments, you sympathise when something is wrong, you become a cheerleader when needed and mostly, you just enjoy reading that bloggers way of writing and communicating and want to hear what they have to say.


One blog in particular comes to mind. I have been reading Andrea's blog for....a long time now! I have no idea how I found it, but the title caught my interest...

Pass the Zoloft.

She's since started another web page with her sister-in-law, Karin. Although i haven't "known" Karin as long, I love checking in with her as well. And the name of Karin's blog?

Gin and Bear It.

Oh Yeah. These girls know how to catch your eye, that's for sure.

Andrea has an incredible gift. I encourage you to read. The link to Andrea and Karin's web page is now located on the left. And maybe she'll make you stop and think about your own life.

And maybe, just maybe, she'll make you laugh out loud. I know I do.

2 comments:

Karin said...

ahhhhhh..I just read this. thank you!

Mels Place in Big Bear said...

Ah, that was so nice! And here I am, always reading your blog, wishing I had cherry trees and long expanses of grass with swing sets and dogs. I do have a swing set, but not a huge lawn. And no cherry trees.

I do think you're right: Blogging can make you think about others. It makes me feel good that not only have I helped you (and maybe a few others, who knows) but that you have helped me, too.

I'm being kind of rambly tonight, so my apologies.

Lots of love. And please come visit whenever you are in L.A.. No joke! We have a backyard with a tent waiting for you!