Tuesday, April 21, 2009

The Wisdom of Sydney....

The following is a transcript of my conversation with Sydney at 7:00 a.m. this morning as she crawled into bed with me to snuggle before we started our day:

SYDNEY: "Hi Mommy! Guess what? Last night I woked-ed up in the middle of the night."

MOMMY: "You did? Why baby?"

S: "I heard a car go by."

S: "Isn't that crazy? That's cr - azy mommy."

M: (laughing) "Why is that cr - azy?"

S: (rolling her eyes) "Be-CUZ it was the MIDDLE of the NIGHT. Who drives a car in the middle of the night mommy??"

M: "Well, I -"

S: "Was it Miss Bobbi?"

M: " I don't know..."

S: "Was it Mimi? Where did she go?"

M: "I doubt it was Mimi- she was probably sleeping like all of us were."

S: "Except me."

M: "Except you. Because you heard a car go by."

S: "Yup. In the middle of the night."

M: "Right."

S: " Hmmmm. I know what it was. They had to go to Wal- Mart. Wal-Mart is open at the day but it's open at the night too."

M: "Really? Hmmm..."

S: "Yup. They musta gone to Wal-Mart to buy night stuff. Wal-Mart only sells to people night stuff in the middle of the night. If you need stuff sometimes do you go in the middle of the night mommy? When Livvie and me are sleeping? To get night stuff?"

M: "Ummm, no? What exactly is 'night stuff" Sydney?"

S: (again with the eye rolling) "It's STUFF you can only buy at Wal-Mart in the NIGHT. OK?"

M: "Yup. That clears it up."

If anyone knows what "Night Stuff" is, please let me know. I'd prefer not to make a trip to my local Wal-Mart at 3 o'clock in the morning to see what all the fuss is about. And, apparently I'm missing out, since, you know, Wal-Mart only sells this stuff in the middle of the night.

No comments: